America’s Essential Hospitals is closely monitoring the status of the new coronavirus, COVID-19, in the United States and preparing to safeguard the health of its members as they travel to and attend association events, including our post-election Policy Assembly.
We will take steps nonetheless to reduce the risk of transmission at Policy Assembly. We will make widely available at this event:
- facial tissues;
- antibacterial hand sanitizer;
- antibacterial wipes for podiums and other surfaces; and
- individual hand sanitizer wipes on the registration desk.
The Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill will take similar steps in guest rooms, restrooms, and other areas throughout the hotel, as well as share best practices with its staff.
We ask that as you prepare for, travel to, and attend Policy Assembly, you review these recommendations to protect yourself and your fellow conference attendees:
- Remain at home if you are sick, especially if you exhibit flu-like symptoms;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using a restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands; and
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
We will post signs throughout meeting areas at Policy Assembly that detail actions to maintain good hygiene. We also will provide a flyer at the registration desk that summarizes this information.
We look forward to your safe and healthy travel to and from Policy Assembly and seeing you in Washington, D.C. If you have questions about Policy Assembly, please email Ashli Billington at firstname.lastname@example.org.